I read this one the other day and posted it in my Facebook account. But I really wanted to dig deep into it and learn more about it.
Here are some highlights from Cisco’s latest publication on this one and on their Security program.
New Certification CCNA Cyber Ops
Cisco introduces its new CCNA Cyber Security Ops certification, more information in the following link:
A deeper look into requirements and the blue print of the exam(s) can be found on the Cisco’s training website, but I wanted to save you time and list the exam topics and the % on each one of the topics:
1.0 Network Concepts 12%
2.0 Security Concepts 17%
3.0 Cryptography 12%
4.0 Host Based Analysis 19%
5.0 Security Monitoring 19%
6.0 Attack Methods 21%
1.0 Endpoint Threat Analysis & Computer Forensics 15%
2.0 Network Intrusion Analysis 22%
3.0 Incident Response 18%
4.0 Data and Event Analysis 23%
5.0 Incident Handling 22%
There is an interesting disclaimer on the page that reads as follows:
NOTE: The training courses and exams will be available in November/December 2016. The availability date is subject to change without notice.
So in plain English means that this program is still on development and that they will publish more information soon. To learn more visit http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/certifications/expert/ccie-security.html
New CCIE Security blue print announced
Here is some information on that one:
Unified Exam Topics CCIE Security V 5.0
- Perimeter Security and Intrusion Prevention
- Advanced Threat Protection and Content Security
- Secure Connectivity and Segmentation
- Identity Management , Information Exchange and Access
- Infrastructure Security, Virtualization and Automation
- Evolving Technologies
Topics Added in v5.0
- Advanced Threat Protection
- Information Exchange
- Evolving Technologies
CCIE Security v5.0 Hardware and Software
- Security Appliances
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE): 2.1.0
- Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS): 18.104.22.168
- Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA): 9.2.0
- Cisco Email Security Appliance (ESA): 9.7.1
- Cisco Wireless Controller (WLC): 8.0.133
- Cisco Firepower Management Center Virtual Appliance: 6.0.1 and/or 6.1
- Cisco Firepower NGIPSv: 6.0.1
- Cisco Firepower Threat Defense: 6.0.1
- Core Devices
- IOSv L2: 15.2
- IOSv L3: 15.5(2)T
- Cisco CSR 1000V Series Cloud Services Router: 3.16.02.S
- Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv): 9.6.1
- Test PC: Microsoft Windows 7
- Active Directory: Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module : 1.2
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager: 8.6.(1)
- FireAMP Private Cloud
- AnyConnect 4.2
- Cisco Catalyst Switch: C3850-12S 16.2.1
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance: 5512-X: 9.6.1
- Cisco 2504 Wireless Controller: 2504: 22.214.171.124
- Cisco Aironet: 1602E: 15.3.3-JC
- Cisco Unified IP Phone: 7965: 9.2(3)
To learn more visit: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/certifications/expert/ccie-security.html
Now on the Scholarship from Cisco
Reading the announcement and looking at the form to be eligible I noticed that this will most likely take a 3 Months to complete training, the things that look like a real great opportunity is that the cost of the exams is included in the Scholarship, Training is also included with a Cisco Learning Partner. Last but not least and I think the biggest of them all is the Mentoring they are offering, this one is key. I’d like to send a shoot out to all my mentors up to this point, you guys are the best!
Cutting to words and going into the real information, here are some details:
Scholarship Award Details
- The instructor-led e-learning training consists of two courses and two assessments, along with mentoring and coaching, representing a significant monetary investment in your career.
- The value of a standard instructor-led course offering from an Authorized Cisco Learning Partner is equivalent to several thousand U.S. dollars.
- Mentoring and exam preparation are included.
- The cost of all exam fees is included.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must have these qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- English proficiency
Basic competency (one or more of the following):
- Cisco certification (Cisco CCENT certification or higher)
- Relevant industry certification [(ISC)2, CompTIA Security+, EC-Council, GIAC, ISACA]
- Cisco Networking Academy letter of completion (CCNA 1 and CCNA 2)
- At least three years of combined experience in approved U.S. military job roles
- Windows expertise: Microsoft (Microsoft Specialist, MCSA, MCSE), CompTIA (A+, Network+, Server+).
- Linux expertise: CompTIA (Linux+), Linux Professional Institute (LPI) certification, Linux Foundation (LCFS, LCFE), Red Hat (RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA), Oracle Linux (OCA, OCP)
- Planning a career in IT cybersecurity
- Prepared to complete training in three months
- Willing to share a success story***
*** They are paying a great price to have your success story, so I bet you will not be disappointed.
To learn more on this unique opportunity go to: https://mkto.cisco.com/Security-Scholarship.html
This video will hook you up
Fill out the form and jump on it!
About the Author:
Andres Sarmiento, CCIE # 53520 (Collaboration)
With more than 13 years of experience, Andres is specialized in the Unified Communications and Collaboration technologies. Consulted for several companies in South Florida, also Financial Institutions on behalf of Cisco Systems. Andres has been involved in high-profile implementations including Cisco technologies; such as Data Center, UC & Collaboration, Contact Center Express, Routing & Switching, Security and Hosted IPT Service provider infrastructures.